No reviews needed for me.

Go down

No reviews needed for me.

Post  Samantha Lovern on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:31 am

I just wanted to chime in. I personally am not looking for long detailed reviews. If folks notice something that just stands out that's wonderful, but I have an editor that helps me with such longer details. I would just love to see a hey thanks, or Next chapter please. Anything would be helpful and motivating.

I still think having all of our links in one place would be a good idea. Since none of the mods commented I thought I'd bring it up again. I guess you're afraid it might drive traffic from seeing other stories.

Question among us authors. Have any of you just came out and said if I don't get some folks responding I'm going to quit posting. I'm not to that point, or even close I'm just curious if anyone has went that route to try and get some of these readers to post.

I don't know if it concerns anyone else, but I worry a bit that someone is just hear to try and steal my idea. What do you guys thing about that topic.

Do you care if someone steals your idea. I mean I already have the isbn number for this one, but still to me that is the worst thing about not hearing from the readers. I just have to wonder why they are here.

Thanks
Samantha
Samantha Lovern

Contribution : 2286

View user profile http://www.samanthalovern.con

Back to top Go down

Re: No reviews needed for me.

Post  Firebrand on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 pm

It's never been a big deal for me. On Fictionpress, I consider it a dry month if I only get 500 unique visitors. I consider it a fabulous month if I get two reviews. There's a big disconnect between reading a story and offering feedback, and I understand that. I don't even bother putting author's notes that say "please read and review" anymore, because... there's no real point.

I have a few friends who look over my stuff in-life and are able to give good criticism. Of course, it's not an every week thing, but... well, whatever. A little feedback is good enough.

I think, in the end, the reason it doesn't bother me so much is that now, I write for myself. Back when I was first starting out with the Blazing Heart saga, when I first started posting, I wrote for the readers, and eventually, the fans. But now I write for myself first and the readers second, and I take much more enjoyment out of my work. I don't need reviews, because I know people are reading, and that's good enough for me.

Contribution : 2379

View user profile http://www.fictionpress.com/u/691999/Cole_Culain

Back to top Go down

I meant this to go in another thread but oh well.. lol

Post  Samantha Lovern on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I get your point about not needing comments, I do write to in the end sell books, but I also like to know if people like it or hate it. I don't mind a small review now and then. I just don't need, you left a comma out here or there. My aunt gets that stuff for me.

I do like to hear and know what folks like about the story, but that's not what consider a review.
Samantha Lovern

Contribution : 2286

View user profile http://www.samanthalovern.con

Back to top Go down

Re: No reviews needed for me.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down